Hot Chilli Stuffed Mushrooms
- 350g mushrooms, about 2.5 cm diameter
- 2 rashers bacon
- ½ cup strong cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 tbs TGS Co Hot Chilli Mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2 thin slices additional cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Remove stems carefully from mushrooms. Chop bacon finely after removing rind. Cook in a frypan until well browned. Remove pan from heat and add cheese, mustard and breadcrumbs. Mix well, then add parsley, egg and milk. Season to taste and mix well until combined.
- Fill each mushroom cavity with the mixture.
- Cut extra cheese slices into 1cm squares. Cut each tomato slice into six small segments. Place one slice of cheese onto each mushroom, then top with tomato segment.
- Place mushrooms on oven trays and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden
- Serve as an entrée or snack