Chicken Wings & Mustard Butter
- 10 chicken wings with tips removed
- 600ml buttermilk
- 60g sea salt flakes
- Sunflower oil
- 100g rice flour
- Mustard Butter
- 40g TGS Co Honey Mustard
- 1tbs finely chopped dill
- 2tbs finely chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 200g softened unsalted butter
- Use a sharp knife to separate wings at the joint into 2 pieces. Hold the exposed bone at one end and push all meat to opposite end with a small knife to form a knob of meat, then trim the end of the bone. For the piece with 2 bones, remove the larger one.
- Combine buttermilk and salt in a bowl, add wings and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To make the mustard butter, add all mustard butter ingredients and process until smooth.
- Half-fill a saucepan with the oil and heat to 160C. Drain the wings from the buttermilk and toss in the rice flour. Deep fry in batches for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Serve topped with knobs of the mustard butter.