Raspberry Sponge Cake
Weight of 3 large or 4 medium sized eggs (250g)
250g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
Drop of boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°c, then grease two round cake tins of the same size.
2. Cream together butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs one at a time, then add a little flour, beating after each addition. Repeat process until you’ve used all the eggs and flour. Stir in vanilla and boiling water.
4. Pour cake batter into tins and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool in tins until ready to remove and place on cooling racks.
5. Pour Raspberry Sauce (alternatively spread our Raspberry Jam) over top of one cake, then gently place second cake on top.
6. Top with fresh berry fruits, if you wish, and serve dusted with icing sugar and alongside thickened cream or ice cream.