Spicy Beetroot Dip
A dip with a difference!
Write a review
- 4 cups beetroot cut into chunks
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil or more for the desired consistency
- 4 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 3 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 3 dsp TGS Co Hot Chilli Mustard
- 1 tsp cumin seed, toasted
- 1tsp coriander seed, toasted
- 1/3 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Toss beetroot in a little olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake for about an hour or until tender, checking regularly and turning to ensure that they don’t burn. Set aside to cool, then peel beetroot.
- In a food processor, combine the beetroot, mustard, cumin, coriander, salt, garlic and the chilli. Drizzle in half the oil and pulse until well combined.
- Taste test and add more chilli and garlic if desired. Add more oil to suit the consistency desired.
- Stir through the chopped coriander.
- Serve with pitta or ciabatta and a cold drop or two.
Tasmanian Gourmet Sauce Company https://gourmetsauce.com.au/