Tasmanian Smoked Salmon Rosti
Smoked Salmon Rosti
Write a review
- 200g smoked salmon
- 700g potatoes
- 60g butter melted
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 cucumber
- 200g mascarpone
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- Place potatoes into a pot of cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer, cook for 5 minutes, drain and cool.
- Grate cold potato into a bowl. Add thyme, butter and egg and mix well.
- Heat sugar, vinegar together dissolving sugar. Peel slices of cucumber into a bowl and pour liquid over. Pickle for 15 minutes and drain.
- Heat a 2mm layer of oil in a pan. Gently fry 1/3 cup of potato mix for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Mix mascarpone, lemon rind, juice and chives.
- Serve rostis topped with salmon and pickled cucumber.
- Serve with green salad and thinly sliced lime.
Tasmanian Gourmet Sauce Company http://gourmetsauce.com.au/